Why the iPhone 8 is so boring
Let me start out by saying this was the first time I stood in line for- not 5 hours, not 3 hours, not even 1 hour- but, a whole 5 minutes. No need to wake up at 4 am to wait in line for the iPhone 8 Plus!
At first glance the 8 Plus looks exactly like the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, but if you look closely, it’s actually totally redesigned.
iPhone 8 Plus features:
- A durable glass back instead of the metal
- Scratch resistant
- Dust resistant
- Water resistant
- Wireless charging
- The battery lasts 2 more hours than the 7 Plus, but charges in the same amount of time
- 12 MP dual rear camera’s. The second telephoto lens allows you to zoom in without losing image quality.
- Takes video on 4K- meaning 24 photos per second- that’s like movie quality!
- Portrait lighting, allows you to control the lighting of the picture before taking the photo (but the feature is not available for selfies)
- The colors in your photos will be more vibrant thanks to improvements in true tone
Some of the Portrait lighting settings for all of you IG queens:
- Natural light
- Studio light
- Contour light
- Stage light
- Stage light mono
- You can make the surroundings in your photo look black or black and white
- One of the best features of the new phone is the A11 Bionic Processor, it’s as if
6 brains are working in concert together
- Portrait lighting effects
- It’s expensive. Costs $799 before tax
- Shatters easily on front and back
It’s too similar to the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, so there’s not really a reason for people to make the switch.
If you’re debating between which phone to get, I would say to hold off until the iPhone X hits the shelf in November, unless you have anything below a 6s or older. If you’re debating between the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, I would definitely go for the iPhone 8 Plus!
Let me know what you’re getting or if you’re thinking about spending all of your money in the comments below!