Paid Graphic Design Intern
TechSesh is looking for a creative graphic design intern to support in the creation of content and other branding materials. From concept through execution, this intern will work closely with the founder to raise brand awareness, tell stories through visuals and support marketing goals.
We require work samples to apply for this position.
What you'll do:
- Create, customize and execute our digital graphic strategy for each social media channel.
- Collaborate with founder to support content marketing (animation, newsletter, blog, social media assets, and more) and website design.
- Help bring fresh ideas for design and content creation.
- Create graphics and templates for posting on social media, blogs, email, and other channels.
- Curate and edit video for IG stories.
- Keep an eye on new trends, new technologies, new formats, updates on social channels and audience evolution to inspire and be inspired in your every-day creative work.
What you have:
- A senior student graduating in the current year, or within the last calendar year, with a degree in Graphic Design, with a focus on digital animation, fine art, graphic arts.
- Previous experience as an in-house designer or working for a marketing agency.
- Minimum experience is 1 year.
- Experience creating assets for digital that are mobile, tablet, and desktop responsive/ friendly and provide a user experience that fits on all three screens.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite, using specialist computer generation software such as After Effects, Premiere and Flash or similar technologies (3D design skills are a plus).
To be successful here you are:
- A knack for storytelling
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Video editing skills
- Able to work independently with little oversight; dependable and reliable
- Excellent collaborator who appreciates learning about all parts of the business, eager to contribute to a variety of projects and initiatives
- Believer in and advocate for TechSesh values and mission
This is a paid internship with school credit.
To apply, please send a brief intro, your resume to HELLO@TECHSESH.CO with the subject line: DESIGN INTERN
ABOUT TECHSESH: TechSesh.co is a modern woman’s destination for all things tech and a community based organization dedicated to empowering women in STEM and leadership roles. Our purpose is to help women in the technology field and those aspiring to begin careers in the field, to forge strong, lasting relationships within the community and endorse a growing number of female role models, advocate a more equal gender ratio in the start-up and tech scene.
On TechSesh you can find everything from the latest tech and gadget news including tips, reviews, and a variety of community initiatives, meet-ups, technical workshops and actionable advice on advancing your career in tech.
Jessica Naziri started her career as a technology reporter for CNBC, The Los Angeles Times and later as a tech exec at a local start-up in Los Angeles. After seeing the gender gap in technology first hand, she wanted to work to close the disparity and to change the image of what a girl in tech looks like and does.
Naziri was recently listed on Inc.'s 30 Inspirational Women in Tech and Create, Harper’s Bazaar, and Cultivate Top 100 Women in Tech. Her work has appeared in CBS, Fox Good Day LA, TechCrunch, The Washington Post, Mashable, The Travel Channel, NPR, Inside Edition, Yahoo!, and Business Insider, and more. In addition, Naziri consults with technology brands including Google, Qualcomm, Dell, and Samsung, creating online content, mobile marketing strategy, videos and social media to get their message out to a millennial audience.